- Why Interactive Whiteboards?
- Interactive Whiteboard Resources
- Examples of Interactive Whiteboards Lessons
- Video Tutorials on Interactive Whiteboards
- How to Integrate Interactive Whiteboards
A SMARTBoard and ActivBoard are examples of an Interactive Whiteboards ("IWB"), a 21st Century tool that can transform the classroom and nurture essential skills. Major benefits of an interactive whiteboard include its versatility, interactivity, multimedia/multimodal presentation, and participation potential. Interactive Whiteboards can also help students conceptualise new knowledge through representations of abstract ideas. Furthermore, IWB lessons and activities can be recorded and published in ways that facilitate sharing and collaboration. In all, IWBs are a classroom tool that can help teachers create engaging, interactive, collaborative, and visual lessons and activities that motivate students to learn.
There are plenty of excellent interactive whiteboards resources, guides, and tutorials on the Web and in print.
- The Interactive Whiteboard Revolution by Chris Betcher and Mal Lee is an excellent introduction to Interactive Whiteboards in education.
- SMARTBoard Revolution is a social network of teachers interested in learning about SMARTBoard uses in education.
- IWB Revolution is a social network of teachers interested in learning about interactive whiteboards uses and sharing ideas.
- Smart Training Center from SMART tech.
- Promethean Planet resources for ActivBoard.
- Teaching with SMARTBoard has tutorials and more.
- Get SMART with SMARTBoards podcast with James Holis and Harvey Almarode.
- SMART BEES Smartboard resources.
- Interactive Whiteboards in the Classroom Diigo links (social bookmarking).
Here are examples of interactive whiteboards at work in the classroom:
- SMART Exchange Lesson Plans for teachers
- Smart Links has examples from various grade levels and disciplines
- SMART High School Lessons from NY school
- SMARTBoard lessons in English, Math, Social Studies, Science (mostly K-8)
Using the Smart Board in the Elementary Classroom (YouTube video)
Interactive Wall Map for Geography Class (YouTube video)
SMARTBoard Tutorial: Screen Shade, Cloning, Move and Reveal (YouTube video)
SMART Notebook- Erase and Reveal (YouTube video)
Here are some ideas for integrating interactive whiteboards in the classroom:
- 2010 Interactive Whiteboard Challenge! Teachers share ideas on a wiki.